St. Martin’s purchased four acres of land on Sage Road in 1954 and constructed the first Church building, now known as Founders’ Hall.
By the 10th anniversary in 1962, St. Martin’s had grown to 2,791 baptized members.
The Wayside Chapel
St. Martin’s dedicated The Wayside Chapel for All People in 1977.
The Rev. Claude Payne
In 1983, the Rev. Bagby retired and the Rev. Claude Payne, DD became the second rector.
St. Martin’s added the Payne Education Center, Library and Choir Hall in 1984 and the Activity Center in 1986.
The Rev. Laurence Gipson
The Rev. Payne was elected Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese in 1993; the Rev. Laurence Gipson became the third rector of St. Martin’s the following year.
St. Martin’s opened a new worship space, known as The Church, with the Easter service on April 4, 2004.
The Rev. Dr. Russell J. Levenson
The Rev. Gipson announced his retirement in 2006; The Rector search committee called
The Rev. Dr. Russell J. Levenson, Jr. as St. Martin’s new Rector the following year.
In 2012, St. Martin’s dedicated three new buildings: The Island, The Scout Center, and the Hope and Healing Center & Institute.
Building for the Ages
In 2018, St. Martin’s launched the Building for the Ages capital campaign to expand ministries through the new Parish Life Center, Children’s Life Center, Christ Chapel, Pastoral Care Center, The Music Center, and Maintenance and Central Plant.
Online and Virtual
In 2020, St. Martin’s added online sermons and virtual learning in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. St. Martin’s membership grew to more than 9,500.